Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: The way a film ends...

  1. #41
    Inactive Member jitesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Did U Guys know...

    Technology played a greater part in the movie than just special effects.

    The movie scenes were shot at the same time at different locations. Peter Jackson used video conferencing to virtually direct the other scenes where he was not present.

    - Jitesh

  2. #42
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi THere

    This was one of mymain gripes about the ending.
    In the book the hobbits get back to the Shire to
    find that it has been 'taken' over by bad men from Bree. They have set themselves up as landowners, and the hobbits in the shire are little more than slaves to them.
    Frodo, Merry, Sam and Pippin then lead a revolution and overthrow the 'bad men' and free the shire.
    They do develop, and return home significantly different, stronger than they left.
    But hobbits being what they are prefer a good feed and a quiet life, so perhaps Pete Jackson wanted to concentrate on that.
    Actually Frodo is never the same again after the events, I cant quite remember what happens to him, but he remains perminantly scarred.
    Sam does get Married though and they have a bairn. At least he left that in.

    Its quite curious what they chose to leave in the film and miss out from the book.
    They made it more feel-good than the book is, more wierd, and I think less dimensional, but that may just be me.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Posted by tongachud:
    I like my movies to end with a cum-shot...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what tends to happen when you can't get a girlfriend.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 18, 2004 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Kev O. ]</font>

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Tongachud's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's what tends to happen when you can't get a girlfriend
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got one - she stars in all my films.

    Tonga

  5. #45
    Inactive Member Tongachud's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like my movies to end with a cum-shot, and a smeary close up of the girl with hot spunk bubbling around her lips, winking at us, the audience, asking us if that was OK.
    I leave the cinema with a warm, humane glow.

    tonga

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So other men shoot on your girlfriends' face?

  7. #47
    Inactive Member Tongachud's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Only if the script calls for it.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 18, 2004 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Tongachud ]</font>

  8. #48
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by sn-films:
    [qb]How was Frodo different at the ending than he was at the beginning of the trilogy? Was something lost in translation between the novel and the screenplay? I've only read The Hobbit, and I felt that Bilbo was definitely a different person at the end than he was at the beginning of the story. I didn't get the same impression about Frodo, and it making me feel a bit jaded toward the movies.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I must say I'm not really an expert - I have only ever read the book once (some people read it every year [img]eek.gif[/img] )

    Frodo before his adventure was just one of the quiet shire folk (country people). He saw many horrors on his journey but the main things were that he had been stabbed by a Morgul blade (by the witch king at weathertop in FOTR from which he never recovers and which finally takes his life) and also the burden of the ring - it had almost completely corrupted him by the end of ROTK - remember that the ring was a very poweful little thing - people like Gandalf and Galadriel did not even want the burden of even ever touching it for fear that they would not be able to resist its corrupting power.

    I think in the book Frodo gives a little speech about how the quest has changed him and how he can no longer stay in the shire because things will never be the same again (there are some things time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep... and take hold.). Maybe that will go into the extended version. So much important stuff was cut out - Jackson's original cut which included everything he felt HAD to go into the film was an hour longer than what ended up playing in the theatres.

    I'm pretty sure that the extended version will be vastly superior to the theatrical version which was pretty much just a big battle. The first two films were improved in the extended versions but I think (and hope) that the improvement to ROTK will be immense.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 19, 2004 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Justin M. ]</font>

  9. #49
    Inactive Member sn-films's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2001
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Justin:
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'll definitlely have to watch the extended movies sometime. Sounds like they address most of my gripes with the story and character developement.

  10. #50
    Inactive Member TomTowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2003
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Although I can see the Peter Jackson has created a wonderful piece of cinema that looks spectacular. I found the films to be disapointing. I just couldn't get into them at all, I thought the first one was the best of the three as the last two seemed like they relied heavily on the massive fight scenes and not the actual story or characters.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •